Founded in 1991, TCKP (Formerly STC) is dedicated to developing the potential of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Formerly NWFP) in Pakistan as a tourist friendly destination and to deepening visitors’ understanding of the region while bringing new economic development to the province
TCKP seeks to make the province’s culture and history accessible and understandable to a diverse public to foster a sense of identity, place and pride for the people. The Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa established
TCKP as a public limited company in order to develop a setup for utilizing the tremendous potential of the province for tourism expansion .
To provide an enabling environment for the economic growth and sustainable development of the tourism sector in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, through the formulation and administration of policies and plans to regulate the tourism sectors.
AIMTo make Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa as the most preferred tourist destination.
TCKP has been assigned to:
1. Promote and develop the tourism industry of the province by involving both the private and public sectors.
2. Fully protect and preserve the culture, arts, history, heritage – both tangible & intangible, traditions, environment and biodiversity of the target areas.
3. Develop the socio-economic conditions of the people and areas having tourism potential.
4. Gradually and systematically identify and develop all the existing and potential areas for attracting domestic and international tourists.
5. Make TCKP a self-financing organization.